Ginger is one of the best and most helpful home remedies that have been in use for many centuries now. Yes, it has a pungent smell, and a weird shape. Nevertheless, nothing can beat it when it comes to healing ailments like stomach disorders and flu. You can make a soothing tea out of it to treat nausea. Alternatively, you can also easily mix it with other natural substances to create effective DIY home remedies.
If you want to enjoy the benefits of ginger in your daily life, all you need to do is to mix ginger in any of your dishes or use ginger face mask. If you are like Chrissy Teigen, you can become a pro in the kitchen by mixing ginger into your dishes.
Yes, ginger gives you a lot of health benefits. However, did you know that it could help in improving your beauty and skin appearance as well? Apart from curing inflammation, ginger also makes your skin soft, healthy and supple. It can also keep cellulite under control. In my research I found and did confirm these facts with Audrey Kunin, certified dermatologist and founder of Dermadoctor and Ava Shamban, cosmetic dermatologist and founder of Skin Five, located in LA.
DIY Ginger Face Mask – Using ginger powder, lemon and honey
If you are looking for a DIY face mask (or check out these best Korean face masks)to remove toxins from your skin, you should try this simple ginger face mask. It is loaded with the healing powers of ginger, which help you internally and externally. This mask’s primary substance is gingerol, and it contains anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antioxidant properties to promote circulation and restore the damages to your skin.
The ginger powder and lemon help in exfoliating and purifying the dead cells. Honey, on the other hand, provides the skin with valuable enzymes and probiotics to protect itself against damages from pathogens. Thanks to this, the oxygen circulation in the cells improves greatly, leading to an increase in collagen production in the skin. This automatically improves the skin’s overall texture and glow.
Ingredients needed for this Ginger Face Mask
- Ginger Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Raw Honey – 1 teaspoon (organic preferred)
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon (freshly squeezed)
- Vegan milk of your choice – 1 tablespoon
Process of making
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and keep stirring until you get a thick consistency.
- Using a cotton ball or a soft brush, apply this mixture to your face and leave it on for about 20-25 minutes and then Wash it off with warm water before you proceed to moisturize your face as per your routine skin care.
You can also make a body scrub using ginger and lemon to improve your skin’s overall tone and stimulate blood circulation and bust cellulite. You should mix the zest of one lemon with ¼ cup of virgin olive oil, ½ cup of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of ginger powder for this scrub. Always use freshly grated ginger. If you have any scrub leftover, you can refrigerate it for about a week.
Top 2 Ready to use Ginger Face Masks
1. Ginger Lemon DIY Detox Mask
- 100% organic
- Safe for all skin type
- Improves the skin texture and tone
- Makes skin less prone to aging symptoms
- Visible reduction of scars
- Complete purification and detoxification of the skin
- Visible reduction in the skin’s inflammation and irritation
- Free from artificial chemicals, toxins and animal-cruelty
- Made from sustainably-farmed organic ingredients
2. Origins Ginger Kombucha Skin Balancing Super Tea Mask
- Great for treating acne, wrinkles, mature and dry skin
- Provides firmness and hydration to the skin
- Free from parabens, alcohol, animal-cruelty, phthalates and other toxins
Considered to be one of the healthiest ready-to-use ginger face masks on the market, this one is made from plant-based ingredients. The toxin-free ingredients are replete with phytonutrients. They are vegan-based, and are perfect for sensitive and inflamed skin.
Ginger – What is this super-food about all about?
Known for its anti-aging properties, ginger, the root superfood is great for internal consumption and topical application. Since it is a powerful antioxidant, it protects your skin from the oxidative stress caused by free radicals.
Benefits of ginger for your skin
Here is the list of benefits of ginger that your skin can enjoy:
Reduction of scars – Ginger is a great antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it can reduce the appearance of scars and can regularize the appearance of hypopigmented scars.
Rejuvenation of skin – Ginger works on the enzymes that break down the collagen, known as MMPs or collagenase, of your skin. Improved collagen-producing potential means your skin can look youthful, bright and supple. Ginger can also improve the overall tone and texture of your skin.
Improvement in hair growth – Ginger is rich in fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, which promote blood circulation in your scalp, thereby promoting hair growth.
Controls dandruff – Ginger has antiseptic properties. Hence, it controls the natural yeast and bacteria production in the scalp. This results in decreased dandruff.
Busts cellulite – Ginger is a great detoxifying agent. Therefore, its de-puffing properties act on your skin and help to minimize the appearance of dimpling.