Welcome to simple & chic!
My name is Séverine Piller, I grew up in Zurich & Geneva, speaking French and (Swiss-) German at home. Extensive travels around the world made me fluent in English, Italian & Spanish as well.
I completed a degree in interior design in Lausanne, Switzerland in 2006 and have been working as a freelance interior designer on decoration and renovation projects ever since. My style is modern and elegant with a cool twist but I always adapt myself to my clients needs and taste to valorise their homes or corporate offices whatever their budget is.
I have decided to open the Simpleandchicblog, centered around things that I am passionate about (interior design, cooking, traveling and fashion) to share them with other people.
11 Random facts about myself:
1. I am Swiss (born in Zürich but I grew up near Geneva) and I have been living in Milan since August 2011
2. I’m a series junkie (I once watched 16 “How I met your mother” episodes in a row), my current favorite is “New Girl”
3. I grew up bilingual (French/German/Swiss German) but I also speak English (obviously) , Italian and Spanish (all of them with quite a strong French accent…)
4. I have a black cat named Othello (cute but not really intelligent) that I saved from the cat shelter last year
5. I worked as a flight attendant (Swiss International Airlines) for several years and I have a degree in Interior Design
6. I am tall (1.83) but I wear heels most of the time (I figured I’m tall anyway so a few centimeters won’t change anything…)
7. When I was little I wanted to become an archaeologist because I fell in love with Harrison Ford in “Indiana Jones” (but then again, who hasn’t?)
8. I love driving around while listening to super loud music (preferably Sneaky Sound System, The Rapture, Foster the People and Prince)
9. I am extremely clumsy and I hit myself all the time
10. I eat ice cream almost every day (winter included)
11. Tokyo is one of my favorite cities and I am absolutely fascinated by the Japanese culture
Frequently Asked Questions
When did you start your blog and why?
I started my blog in June 2011 right after I decided to move to Milan. It is a good way to be creative, post about all the things I love and at the same time allowing me to keep in touch with my family and friends in Switzerland and letting them know about my life here in Milan
If someone wrote a book about your life, what would be its title?
Carpe Diem, boring I know but I really try to live my life day by day and enjoying all the little pleasures and good moments
What made you cry of laughter for the last time?
I laugh a lot, every day but the last time was today while re-watching “what happens in Vegas”, the scene where Cameron Diaz explains Ashton Kutcher how to lift the toilet seat… hilarious
Who is your biggest role model?
I don’t have one role model, it is a combination of family and friends that really influence me
What is your earliest memory?
When I was 2 years old, we went to the Canary Islands with my parents, my dad was holding me in his arms in the waves, I was really scared and excited, it was the first time I saw the sea
What was the most unexpected gift you ever got?
A super cool blue and white bicycle when I was 8 or 9 years old, came completely out of the blue and I spent my life on it afterwards
What do they friends say they like most in you?
That I am funny and uncomplicated
You rule the World for one day. What is your first action?
I make sure everyone has access to food and drinking water
Is there a book you keep rereading from time to time? Which book is it?
Yes, it is a book of short stories written by French author Marie-Ange Guillaume called “L’odeur de l’homme“, describing every day life scenes in an intelligent, sensitive and very very funny way…
You can go back in time and change one and only one of your past actions. What would it be?
I honestly wouldn’t change anything, all the events that happened in my life, good or bad make the person I am today
Who was your last thought last night before falling asleep?
That I am very blessed and fortunate to be living in such a great city and having the best family, friends one could wish for (and also that I have to remember to finally make an appointment to go to the dentist…)
Comments, hints and tips are always welcome, I hope you will enjoy it!